2015 Template Newsletter Outreach Language: Back-to-School
Gearing Up for a Successful School Year: Help Enroll Eligible Children and Teens in Medicaid and CHIP
Kids across the country are getting ready to go back to school—let’s make sure they start the year with health coverage! For the millions of children and teens who are eligible but not enrolled in Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), this is a great time to remind families that they can apply year-round. Help reach families this Back-to-School season by teaming up with the Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign, a nationwide effort to spread the word about Medicaid and CHIP and get eligible children and teens enrolled. Children covered under Medicaid or CHIP have access to doctor and dental visits, immunizations, vision care, prescription drugs, and more.
Here are some easy ways you can get involved:
1. Talk to parents about free or low-cost health insurance options for their family (in some states, more parents may qualify for Medicaid than ever before). Refer them to https://www.healthcare.gov/ or 1-877-KIDS-NOW to learn more about Medicaid and CHIP and get help applying.
2. Download Connecting Kids to Coverage flyers and posters to share with parents or distribute at community events.
3. Sign up for the Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign Notes eNewsletter to get outreach and enrollment tips.
4. Follow the Campaign on Twitter and spread the word to your network using sample tweets, posts, and social graphics.
Help enroll eligible kids so they’re ready for whatever the school year might bring. For more information on the Campaign, or to find out other ways you can get involved, go to InsureKidsNow.gov or call(5437). 1-855-313-KIDS
Sample Facebook Posts & Tweets
- Spread the word this Back-to-School season – it’s never too late to #Enroll365 in #Medicaid and #CHIP. Learn more: go.cms.gov/1hsfeEa
- Remind families to add health insurance to their #BacktoSchool to-do list. Find resources to help #Enroll365 go.cms.gov/1hsfeEa
- Medicaid & CHIP offer free or low-cost health coverage for eligible kids. Start the school year strong: go.cms.gov/1hsfeEa #Enroll365
- Healthy kids are better prepared to learn in school. It’s never too late to #Enroll365, so why wait? go.cms.gov/1hsfeEa
- Healthy kids are better prepared to learn in school. Help spread the word about free and low-cost health insurance programs for kids in your state: go.cms.gov/1hsfeEa. #Enroll365
- Medicaid & CHIP offer free or low-cost health insurance for kids. #Enroll365 to get ready for whatever the school year might bring: go.cms.gov/1hsfeEa
- Pencils? Check. Backpacks? Check. Haircut? Check. This year, remind families to add health insurance to their #BacktoSchool to-do list. Help eligible kids and teens #Enroll365 in Medicaid & CHIP: go.cms.gov/1hsfeEa
- Remind parents this Back-to-School season that they can #Enroll365 in Medicaid & CHIP for their eligible children. Find tools to help spread the word at go.cms.gov/1hsfeEa