May 15 – 17, 2007
Plaza Resort & Spa, Daytona Beach, Florida
Faces of Courage: Charting New Directions for Girls Entering the Justice System with a Special Focus on Women of Color
Sponsored by the Florida Department of Juvenile Justice, Juvenile Justice State Advisory Group, Florida Network of Youth and Family Services and the Florida Alcohol and Drug Abuse Association
More information and register on-line at:
or call 850-922-4324
Positively shape the future of girls at risk of entering the juvenile justice or prison system through an exchange of ideas, research, best practices and resources:
· Risk factors and pathways to the system
· Specialized treatment of girls including special approaches for minority girls
· Gender specific programming
· Educate or incarcerate?
· Key factors contributing to juvenile justice involvement of girls
· Gender specific probation
· 50 practical tips for working with girls at risk
· Ground breaking research/model programs
· Specialized mental health and substance abuse services
· Working with aggressive girls and girls who self-harm
· Girls and sexuality
The mission of the Florida Department of Juvenile Justice: To protect the public by reducing juvenile crime and the delinquency in Florida.
Florida has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from state officials regarding
state business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your e-mail communications may
therefore be subject to public disclosure.